3.9.06

PRGE-Whoo Hoo!

1) How long have you been spinning/Knitting/Crocheting?
I have been knitting for exactly 2 years, 5 months , 3 weeks and 2 days.
2) Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice, or experienced Yarn Artist?
Hm, not quite a beginner but yet not a Yarn Artist yet. I'm kind of in the middle.
3) What type of fibers have you worked with?
I love pure wool, I love alpaca, I love the wool/silk blends, I love mohair and I adore some acrylics.
4) What types are you dying to try?
Hmm, dying to try? Oooo...toughie? Um, cashmere? I figured eventually I will be able to afford enough to knit a really fancy coaster some day!
5) Are you allergic to anything, (Fibers, Food, Smells that make you want to puke, etc.)?
I'm extremely allergic to cigarettes! Other than that, not much bothers me.
6) Do you have any Disorders, ex: Diabetes?
I "officially" have asthma, although my current living area doesn't bother it much.
7) What is your Favorite Time/Style period, ex: Romatic, Grecian,Metal, Goth,etc?
My favorite time/style...super easy: renissance (I can never spell that damned word) or medieval.
8) What fibers do you dislike?
I hate the acrylics that feel like a plastic shopping bag.
9) Name some of your favorite Artist, Movie wise, Television if you watch it ex: I heart Keanu, some things cant be helped, and Rachel loves Mike Ness !?
Hmm, let's see, Adrian Paul, Josh Lucas, Matthew McConaughey, Johnny Depp and Will Smith. All are total hotties. Tv that I watch? Hex, My Family, Bones, Stargates(s), NCIS.
10) Whos your favorite Character ex: Jack or Cpt Jack?
It's a tough call between Jack Sparrow and Will Turner...I wouldn't boot either out of bed.
11) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
I adore handpainted/dyed fibers.
12) What are you favorite colors?
Greens, purples and some pinks.
13) What colors do you dislike?
Orange and yellow...neither likes me back either.
14) What projects are you currently working on?
I have a cardigan, a sock, a shawl and a shrug.
15) Do you have a wishlist?
I have several wishlists...hehehehe
16) Do you have any other favorite hobbies?
I'm an avid reader, I love puzzles and I simply adore learning new computer code (yes, I'm a geek!).
17) When your birthday?
January 27th.
18) What is your favorite food, candy, scents that you love!! Etc.?
I will roll over and do tricks for anything with white chocolate. I would mortgage my mother for anything with lavender in it and believe it or not....my newest fave find...The "teak" candles by martha stewart sold at Kmart!
19) Are you pierced at all? Any tattoos? Can you/would you wear jewelry that isn't real?
I don't have a tattoo yet..but I have two in mind! And I wear anything that can be classified as jewelry.
20) What do you like Culturally, ex: Celtic, African, Devil Worshiping, Kidding!?
I'm a huge Etruscan fan or Celtic.
21) What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My knitting needles live in a wine cooler box and my crochet hooks live in a former ale can.
22) What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music and yes, my computer is rather smart and can play MP3's as can my ipod.
23) What's your favorite season and why?
Fall/Winter. My absolute favorite holiday/season is Samhain. Why? Because it's the time of year I can communicate with my grandmother and let my hair down in public without censure. Hey, it's a witch thing, you know?
24) What season do you abhor?
Summer, blech!
25) How about Sports, any that you just cant get enough of or do they make you throw up in your mouth just a little?
Oh goddess...I ADORE, SIMPLY ADORE hockey and soccer!
26) What is your family situation Do you live alone?
I live with my spousal unit, my adopted sister, my fabulous dog and my very picky cat.
27) Do you have any pets?
Well, officially, they are considered pets, but would be offended if you referred to them as that. I have a labrador named Maggie (Margaret May is her official name) and a tuxedo cat named Ford Prefect.
28) Do you like handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts.
29) What's your favorite thing to make, knit/crochet or other craft wise?
I love making purses and socks.
30) Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I love circulars most of the time, but yet, there are those times when a straight will win my heart.
31) Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I'm the proud owner of both!
32) Tell us how you learned to knit/crochet?
I taught myself and watched online videos.
33) Do you enjoy getting helpful hints from others or does it just piss you off?
I take every helpful hint to heart and treasure it!
34) How old is your oldest UFO?
1 year and 3 months.
35) Is there anything that you collect?
Books and yarn! Hahahaha...seriously, I do seem to collect yarn and knitting needles.
36) Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
The second knitting on the edge book, the one skein wonder pattern from Glampyre...I think that's it.
37) What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have if any?
I dont' have any, but buy most of them seasonally.
38) Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, I would love to learn how to steek. It scares the crap out of me.
39) Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are yer boats (feet)?
I LOVE KNITTING SOCKS! Hahahaha....can't help, I'm addicted to them. My boats are a size 7.5 (us)
40) When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
O1/27

Posted by Ariadne @ 17:46

Listening to on my Ipod

Reading

The Patriot's Club
One Skein
Forbidden Magic

Viewing

Men In Trees

Shark

Numb3rs

Any CSI

Eureka

Bones

Smith

KnittyCasts

  • To Cast On
  • It's a Purl, Man
  • Knit2BTied
  • KnitCast
  • Math4Knitters

    Buttons 'n Things

    Rings

  • « # Pacific Northwest Blogs ? »

    ~ Pacific Northwest Fiber Bloggers ~
    Join | Previous | Next | Random
    Powered by RingSurf



    Academics Knit
    Join | List | Previous | Next
    Powered by RingSurf

    Credits

    Base layout by Firdamatic
    Graphics by Ariadne
    Powered by Blogger
    Valid XHTML and CSS