13.8.06

Tis the Season, after all....

You can tell fall is fast approaching. Not by the slight chill to the morning air, nor the slight turning of leaves on a few trees, but by the sound of "Let's play football" and "Gentlemen, start your engines".

Yes, the 24-hour a day sports season is upon us. Sundays will vibrate with the sounds of boys playing in very loud cars and the sounds of men cheering their favorite teams as they chase a small leather ball across the grass.

I think I now know why fall is always the most "arts and crafts" season of the year. Most wives are left to their own devices and no control over the remote on the tv.

One of the greatest memories of my life was being able to watch the romance channel all day on Super Bowl Sunday. I struck a blow for women all over the country that day! Muahahahahaha

Don't get me wrong, I like football, just not on a 8:00am till Midnight schedule on Sundays and then 8 till midnight on Mondays. I can take an occasional game here and there, it's just the "holy grail" of my life. I much prefer movies and the history channel.

Sports are fun to watch, provided you are actually there.. Somehow, the total excitement of it all loses something when broadcast through a tv. You don't get the sounds and excitement from the stands when your at home. Besides, I can't stand the major American Football announcer, he drives me batty.

Luckily, we have three tv's, three dvd players and an upstairs now. I can go do my own thing elsewhere and not be bothered with it all. Overall, it's a good thing.

Understand, of course, that none of the above applies to European Football.

As for today, I'm going to hang out upstairs and knit and crochet and I might watch a movie or two. I do have to walk over to the library and pick up some reserved books that are waiting for me. Tonight, I think I'm going to grill some pork chops and do au grain potatoes. Yep, I think that will take care of the day nicely.

Posted by Ariadne @ 11:19

Listening to on my Ipod

Reading

The Patriot's Club
One Skein
Forbidden Magic

Viewing

Men In Trees

Shark

Numb3rs

Any CSI

Eureka

Bones

Smith

KnittyCasts

  • To Cast On
  • It's a Purl, Man
  • Knit2BTied
  • KnitCast
  • Math4Knitters

    Buttons 'n Things

    Rings

  • « # Pacific Northwest Blogs ? »

    ~ Pacific Northwest Fiber Bloggers ~
    Join | Previous | Next | Random
    Powered by RingSurf



    Academics Knit
    Join | List | Previous | Next
    Powered by RingSurf

    Credits

    Base layout by Firdamatic
    Graphics by Ariadne
    Powered by Blogger
    Valid XHTML and CSS