24.8.06

Light Rail, for me?

I was perusing the Portland Transit Site and found out that they actually have four or five major projects in the works. Wow! I also found out that PDX back in 1986 was the "light rail model" for the entire United States. And...(imagine this), we have the second busiest light rail system in the country, second only to San Francisco? Who knew? Wow.

I so love public transportation. I love my car, don't get me wrong, I just love not having to sit in traffic or if I am sitting...I love not to be the driver! I like the being able to read or the try to knit thing.

Ack, I just remembered, I didn't take anything out for dinner...damn, damn, double damn.!!!!! F*^$...gah.....

Posted by Ariadne @ 16:37

Read or Post a Comment

Well, Portland has the best transit that I have seen. It's everywhere...you can get anywhere. More people use it too.

Posted by Blogger Lani @ 11:10 PM #
 

Sounds like you had the same thing for dinner that we did. LOL

We don't have much in the way of public transportation in the Chicago 'burbs, but when I have to go "downtown" for court, you better believe I take the train. What is a 70 minute ride on the rails is easily 2 hours in the car. Not to mention the aggrevation factor.

Posted by Blogger Manic Witch @ 4:52 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening to on my Ipod

Reading

The Patriot's Club
One Skein
Forbidden Magic

Viewing

Men In Trees

Shark

Numb3rs

Any CSI

Eureka

Bones

Smith

KnittyCasts

  • To Cast On
  • It's a Purl, Man
  • Knit2BTied
  • KnitCast
  • Math4Knitters

    Buttons 'n Things

    Rings

  • « # Pacific Northwest Blogs ? »

    ~ Pacific Northwest Fiber Bloggers ~
    Join | Previous | Next | Random
    Powered by RingSurf



    Academics Knit
    Join | List | Previous | Next
    Powered by RingSurf

    Credits

    Base layout by Firdamatic
    Graphics by Ariadne
    Powered by Blogger
    Valid XHTML and CSS