27.8.06

The joys of sock knitting....


I had forgotten how much fun knitting a sock can be? It's been awhile since I started a sock and had sort of pushed the sock aside for a bit. I've totally enjoyed knitting it and watching the stripes appear.

Let's not even venture to the almost instant gratification that knitting on a sock brings. You can see instant results and you actually feel like your getting someplace.

I'm knitting the sock in what I think is Mode Dea striped sock yarn? Not sure, It's kind of unmarked and wound into a center pull ball. I know there is a ball that matches it someplace around here (i hope?). If not, it will be a lone sock.

I do have to go find the pattern that I started with, I think I know where it is? The sock was actually started in Idaho and has now taken up residence in Oregon...the instructions are someplace around here, I know?

I would like to get a few extra pairs of sock needles, that way I could have a couple of pair on the needles. I should really look into that knitting two socks at once thing...people who use that method swear by it.

Anyway, that is the "sock". I have a friend who lives in Chicago, named Jodi. We have somewhat drifted apart over the years, but everytime I pick up a set of knitting needles, I think of her. She started the whole knitting thing for me due to a "sock" she was knitting. I, definitely, smile everytime I knit a sock. I dont' think she even realizes how inspiring she was. And it wasn't even that she was able to knit in the heat and humidity of Florida, either!

**Update on the sock yarn: yes, it's Mode Dea, Sassy Stripes in Crayon! I had to walk over to Micheal's to figure out what the heck I was knitting out of! Gah...I swear.

Posted by Ariadne @ 14:27

Read or Post a Comment

yup, it's moda dea sassy stripes in the color "crayon." I know that yarn well. I love it.

HUGS!

Posted by Blogger Lani @ 3:50 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening to on my Ipod

Reading

The Patriot's Club
One Skein
Forbidden Magic

Viewing

Men In Trees

Shark

Numb3rs

Any CSI

Eureka

Bones

Smith

KnittyCasts

  • To Cast On
  • It's a Purl, Man
  • Knit2BTied
  • KnitCast
  • Math4Knitters

    Buttons 'n Things

    Rings

  • « # Pacific Northwest Blogs ? »

    ~ Pacific Northwest Fiber Bloggers ~
    Join | Previous | Next | Random
    Powered by RingSurf



    Academics Knit
    Join | List | Previous | Next
    Powered by RingSurf

    Credits

    Base layout by Firdamatic
    Graphics by Ariadne
    Powered by Blogger
    Valid XHTML and CSS