22.7.06

This is why I don't have kids!!!!

Teen Loses Right to Seek Alternative Cancer Treatment

This is why I don't have kids. The above link is about a 16 yr old kid that has Hodgkin's Disease. He was seeking traditional treatment, which was making him ill and weak. His parents and he decided to seek alternative treatments through diet, herbs and being sugar free through a clinic in Mexico.

A judge in Norfolk, VA has decided that they don't know what is best and has ordered the kid to get traditional treatment at a hospital.

Excuse me? Isn't medical treatment a personal choice? What right does a court have to tell someone they have to get treatment that is making them worse and not helping matters?

His parents have been charged with neglect and have to share custody of him with the county social services department. I swear I would leave the damned country before I let a judge tell me what was best for me.

Posted by Ariadne @ 08:48

Listening to on my Ipod

Reading

The Patriot's Club
One Skein
Forbidden Magic

Viewing

Men In Trees

Shark

Numb3rs

Any CSI

Eureka

Bones

Smith

KnittyCasts

  • To Cast On
  • It's a Purl, Man
  • Knit2BTied
  • KnitCast
  • Math4Knitters

    Buttons 'n Things

    Rings

  • « # Pacific Northwest Blogs ? »

    ~ Pacific Northwest Fiber Bloggers ~
    Join | Previous | Next | Random
    Powered by RingSurf



    Academics Knit
    Join | List | Previous | Next
    Powered by RingSurf

    Credits

    Base layout by Firdamatic
    Graphics by Ariadne
    Powered by Blogger
    Valid XHTML and CSS